Saturday, December 13, 2008

My mom will probably kill me

I have even had dreams about it, weird as that may sound. I want it right below my elbow, a band of a Mehndi design. See blow:




I want it to be in a henna color as well. I want it to look a part of me. Like it has always been there, and you might not of noticed it before. I feel a little weird though, not quite sure how to go about getting it. Obviously most people just walk into the nearest tattoo parlor, or ask someone to recommend someone to go to... but I have neither a recommendation - and there are probably 50 tattoo parlors in this city. So it feels weird to just walk into places asking for quotes from someone that will be permanently etching on my skin.

The other problem is drawing it. I'd like to draw it myself, but there are so many different Mehndi designs that its hard to wittle it down to an inch by eight inches of space. I'm going to Borders (like most projects) and research some more on this topic. I have so many other things I should be doing with my time... like holiday shopping and making jewelry that it feels ridiculous of me to waste time on this, but I feel like it's time to do it. I've been thinking about it for so long that it kind of hit me at once that I should just do it, and stop thinking about it.

No comments: